I have replaced the spark plugs on the car which is a CE model. When…
Have to give gas to start and continue running. I have cleaned idle control and changed plugs and coil packs. Reads cylinder 2&4 misfires. It has been sitting unstarted for a year. Previous owner said it started sputtering going up a hill and died. Has been sitting since.
One possibility is the Idle Air Control may need replaced. The most likely cause though would be a faulty intake gasket or blown head gasket. You can test for both. The most common being the intake gasket.
Toyota Code P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
Code P0302 means that cylinder 2 misfire is occurring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks. If no leaks are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs on cylinder 2 or all effected cylinders.
Code P0302 Possible causes
- Faulty spark plug 2
- Clogged or faulty fuel injector 2
- Faulty ignition coil 2
- Fuel injector 2 harness is open or shorted
- Fuel injector 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Ignition coil 2 harness is open or shorted
- Ignition coil 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Insufficient cylinder 2 compression
- Incorrect fuel pressure
- Intake air leak