Will shift out of park but when shifted into any gear there is no response. I can hear the engine idle change when I shift but there is no feed back from the transmission.
- Check transmission fluid level – How to check fluid levels
- Check to make sure both axle shafts are present
- If the fluid is burnt looking or low there may be internal damage. Top off level if low and test operation.
- If the fluid level is good and the color of the fluid is clean and pinkish, the most likely cause for the issue would be a failed solenoid inside the transmission.
- Transmission Troubleshooting