I have a 2010 jeep liberty and suddenly the heat and A/C stopped working by…
I can’t get the A/C or Heat to come out the front vents. The vents are open, it will work on windshield, floor, and back vents. I have checked the fuses and none are blown. What do u advise? If not to complicated I would like to do it myself. Also what part would I need and what would that be called?
This sounds to me like a failed mode door actuator. Its failure is so common that Dorman has come up with a better direct replacement version.
Part you will need: Dorman 604-110 Air Door Mode Actuator
Mode Actuator Replacement
- Remove the left side sound insulator screws.
- Remove the left hand floor duct.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the mode door actuator.
- Remove the screws from the mode actuator (1).
- Remove the mode door actuator.
Important The new actuator is in Bi-Level mode. Place the door in the middle of the travel position before you install the actuator.
- Install the mode actuator (1).
- Install the screws to the mode door actuator (1).
Tighten the screws to 1.9 N·m (18 lb in).
- Install the left hand floor duct.
- Install the left side sound insulator screws.
- Recalibrate the mode actuator.