I have a 2006 mazda 6i that failed emissions. Had codes P2187 and P0455. Was told to replace purge valve. Can't seem to find it. Can you tell me where it's located and is it a difficult job?
I bought a 1995 Saab 900 SE convertible with 109,000 miles and it has some issues.
- has a check engine and SRS light
- codes came back and were cleared
- knock sensor, mass airflow sensor, p0326 p0331/2 p0102, p0113
- the exhaust sounds loud
- should i be worried? will this effect my emissions?
Will this effect my emissions
Code P0326, P0331 and P0332 (Knock Sensors) will not cause any engine performance problems. Code P0102 will cause engine performance issues and emission issues because of that. Before replacing the mass air flow sensor, try replacing the air filter and cleaning the air flow sensor with low compress air or mass air flow sensor cleaner. Reset code and drive vehicle. If the code comes back, it may be necessary to replaced the mass air flow sensor.
Code p0113 refers to the IAT which is located in the air intake around the same area as the MAF sensor. I would check the connections and clamps to make sure there just isn’t a loose connection.
Code P0326 – Knock Sensor Circuit Performance
P0326 Probable Causes
- Faulty Knock Sensor
- Knock Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Knock Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
Code P0102 – Mass Air Flow Circuit low input
P0102 Probable Causes
- Faulty mass air flow sensor
- Intake air leaks
- Dirty mass air flow sensor
- Dirty mass air filter
- Mass air flow sensor harness is open or shorted
- Mass air flow sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Code P0113 – Intake Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High
P0113 Probable Causes
- Faulty Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor
- Dirty air filter
- Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor circuit poor electrical connection