Airbag Recall 2005 Honda Pilot EX with VTM 4 3.6

2005 Honda Pilot

My car was wrecked in front and driverside air bag in the steering wheel deployed. Now Honda is recalling air bags. Do you think they will still fix it? And cuz otherwise I am screwed they aint selling right now.

I do not have the ability to speak on behalf of Honda. Your best course of action would be to contact the Service department at your local dealership. You may ask for the best course of action for proceeding forward. Since the air bag in question actually did what it was designed to do, I do not see where any replacement would be warranted but that is just my opinion. Only Honda can make the final decision on the matter.

The latest air bag recall issued February 1, 2017 is 15-040 Version 5. All pilots from 2003 – 2008 are effected. This covers the inflator part.

Airbag Recall

The problem is with the inflator. In certain vehicles, the driver’s front airbag inflator could produce excessive internal pressure during airbag deployment. If the affected airbag deploys, the increased internal pressure may cause the inflator casing to rupture. Metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material, possibly causing injury or fatality to vehicle occupants.

Honda airbag recall inflator