Blower motor stopped working The blower motor stopped working. I've replaced the resister and it's…
My A/C blower motor stopped working
My A/C blower motor stopped working. I removed it and checked voltage at the plug, 12.4vdc. When I plug it back in, it starts momentarily, but stops. It’s a nonreturnable part based on its electrical nature, so I want to be sure this is the problem.
Use a different source of power when testing the blower motor. I use a Power Probe when doing this in the shop. It allows you to apply power at a push if a button. If you do not have one you can use jumper wires from the battery also. If you find your blower motor is functioning just fine with a separate power source, check your blower motor resistor next.
Power Probe III – Automotive Circuit Tester
Blower Motor Replacement
|1||W701696||Vacuum reservoir screw|
|3||—||Blower motor electrical connector (part of 14401)|
|4||W701696||Blower motor screw (3 required)|
Removal and Installation
- Remove the vacuum reservoir screw.
- Position the vacuum reservoir aside.
- Disconnect the blower motor electrical connector.
- Remove the 3 blower motor screws.
- Remove the blower motor.
- Remove the blower motor wheel from the blower motor.
- Remove the push clip.
- Remove the blower motor wheel.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.