Heat blows on the passenger side
heat blows on the passenger side, cold air out of the vents on driver side when a/c is on. Sometimes works properly for a short time on trips to Atlanta from Jackson, MS. I can hear a screeching sound sometimes when turned on. No thumping though as I’ve seen in the u-tube videos. This is going on the last 1-2 years. Has 140,000 on the mileage. The noise is coming from behind the center console I think. Is there a right and separate left blend door mechanism? or just one? Does this mean the the right door actuator needs to be replaced? Or, the actual door? Or, both?
There are two separate temperature blend doors. one for the drivers side and on for the passenger side.
Temperature Blend Door Actuator — RH, EATC
|1||—||RH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector (part of 14401)|
|2||W701696||RH temperature blend door actuator screw (3 required)|
|3||19E616||RH temperature blend door actuator|
Removal and Installation
- Remove the RH floor console finish panel.
- Lower the glove compartment.
- Disconnect the RH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector.
- Remove the 3 RH temperature blend door actuator screws.
- Remove the RH temperature blend door actuator.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.