Code P0183 fuel temperature sensor 2005 Lincoln Town Car

Lincoln Towncar

The check engine light is on solid. The code P0183 which is the” fuel temperature sensor” is not happy. I have two questions about this code, where is this sensor located and what is the part number of the sensor.
I have called eight parts store and four Lincoln/ford dealers trying to get these two questions answered and got no ware. Please help me if you can to solve this baffling problem.

It is very strange that even dealers cant come up with answers. Is it possible that something else is triggering this code and it is not the fuel temperature sensor at all.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
PS: The car starts and runs just fine. 2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature series

Fuel Temperature Sensor

I went ahead and looked up the part for you. I double checked to make certain this is an exact fit for your 2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature series.

Shop Automotive

fuel temperature sensor

Fuel Temperature Sensor Location

The fuel temperature sensor is located on the fuel rail. It is the same sensor as the fuel pressure sensor. One vacuum line, 2 screws and one electrical plug.

fuel temperature sensor

ItemPart NumberDescription
114A464Fuel rail pressure and temperature sensor electrical connector
29E498Fuel rail pressure and temperature sensor vacuum connector
3N808874Fuel rail pressure and temperature sensor bolts (2 required)
49F972Fuel rail pressure and temperature sensor
5Fuel rail pressure and temperature sensor O-ring

Code P0183 – Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit High Input

Probable Causes:

1. Sensor or solenoid faulty
  2. Connector terminal contact is damaged or corroded
  3. Wire harness – Check harness for correct voltage, open, short to ground or short to voltage
  4. Update control unit software – Check for the latest control unit update
  5. Powertrain or Engine Control Module faulty

1 thought on “Code P0183 fuel temperature sensor 2005 Lincoln Town Car”

1. Thank all of you very much for all of the help you have given me. I have ordered the part that you found for me. THANKS AGAIN. schaffer81.

Comments are closed.