Drivers side seat will not heat 2010 Chevy Suburban LTZ 1500

2010 Chevy Suburban

Driver side seat will not heat. Is there a quick way to find out what the root of the problem is whether it be in the switch, a fuse/relay, or the heating element itself? I had a local mechanic tell me once I’d be better off finding a new seat in a junk yard than to try to buy parts to fix it. Thought I’d get a second opinion.

When you press the button on the door to activate the heater, the red light does come on but does not heat. The AC part of the seat cooler does work, but the heater part does not. Thanks for your help.

Generally there is a Body Code that will be stored. A Dealership or well equipped mechanic shop should have a scan tool that can pull the codes that will help guide you to the root of the problem without guessing.  No easier way than that.

Example Codes for heated seat malfunction:

Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2345-4B  Seat Heater Elements Current Sensing Calibration Out of Range
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2425-04  Left Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Open
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2425-0A  Left Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Rate of Change Below Threshold
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2425-0B  Left Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Current Above Threshold
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2425-0C  Left Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Current Below Threshold
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2425-0D  Left Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Resistance Above Threshold
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2425-0E  Left Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2425-1F  Left Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Intermittent
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2430-04  Right Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Open
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2430-0A  Right Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Rate of Change Below Threshold
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2430-0B  Right Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Current Above Threshold
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2430-0C  Right Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Current Below Threshold
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2430-0D  Right Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Resistance Above Threshold
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2430-0E  Right Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
Diagnostic Trouble Codes   B2430-1F  Right Seat Heater Cushion Circuit Intermittent