A week ago I got my rebuilt transmission back from Monster Transmissions and finally got the bastard in and now its leaking transmission fluid from both coolant lines going into transmission. I have tried flaring new lines myself, but no luck…still leaking. Wtf could be going on? It wasn’t doing this pre-rebuilt. Thanks in advance
Make sure the lines are being inserted into the mounting inserts. If they are missing they will need to be replaced. If this are attached with quick disconnect lines, the plastic inserts may need to be replaced along with an o-ring seal. Did you have to use the Quick Disconnect tool 307-441 shown below?
The Motor Manual
The Chilton Manual
- Install the transmission fluid cooler tube(s).
- Tighten to 27 Nm (20 lb-ft).
- Connect the transmission fluid cooler tubes to the bracket.
- Install the transmission fluid cooler tubes to the retainer.
- Connect the transmission fluid cooler tubes to the radiator and the auxiliary transmission fluid cooler if equipped.
- Install the secondary latches onto the transmission fluid cooler tubes.