2013 Tiguan no heated or power seats

2013-vw-tiguan

Three problems I am having are with the power and heated seats, and also the airbags. These are the symptoms:

1. Power driver seat stopped working (no passenger powered seat). Only have option for back support to move, forward and back for driver height and reach are manual;
  2. Heated seats for both driver and passenger stopped working. If you press the button to turn it on, the lights illuminate indicating it should be on whichever level you chose, however the seats do not heat up; and
  3. Airbag light illuminated on dash. Passenger side light indicating it is off will go out when someone sits in the passenger seat. Unknown if both sides are not working.

I am hoping there is one control module or bracket that these three features plug into and only that needs replacing.

I checked all the fuses under the steering wheel in that little compartment. All fuses are good.

I attempted to check the fuses in the engine compartment, however I am not sure which fuse does what.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I would think there may be a connection but only if they all failed at the same time. And I am going to assume they did not all fail at the same time.

That being said lets take each issue separately. The heated seats may have faulty elements. You can check to see if they are getting power when switched on. Use the wiring diagram provided to assist with that. If there is powering getting to the element and not heating up, replace the element.

2013 VW Tiguan Heated Seat Wiring Diagram

Lets also look at the power seat issue in the same manner. You will want to check for power at the motor when the switch is activated. If there is no power, check to make sure power is getting tot he switch.

2013 VW Tiguan Power Seat Wiring Diagram

AIR BAG SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS & TESTING

ACCESSING DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES
Connect a suitably programmed VAG 1551/1552 and diagnostic computer VAS 5051/5052 or equivalent scan tool to Data Link Connector (DLC) and follow manufacturer’s instructions.

DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE INTERPRETATION
Connect a suitably programmed VAG 1551/1552 and diagnostic computer VAS 5051/5052 or equivalent scan tool to Data Link Connector (DLC) and follow manufacturer’s instructions.

CLEARING DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES