my car won’t start, but i’m not sure if it’s just the battery. I turn my keys and it won’t do anything. Its an Audi A4 2007.
Battery is the first place to start. Without a good charged battery the rest of the vehicle isn’t doing anything.
It is possible that the battery terminal ends are loose or corroded.
BATTERY CABLE TERMINAL END SERVICE
Caution: Use protective gloves and eye protection.
Caution: Perform procedure in a well ventilated area.
Caution: Refer to cautions and warnings listed on battery.
Caution: Do not allow baking soda solution to enter vent holes, as damage to battery can result.
- Remove battery from vehicle, as required.
- Clean top of battery (3) with a solution of warm water and baking soda (2), Fig. 1.
- Apply soda solution (2) with a bristle brush (1) and allow to soak until acid deposits loosen, Fig. 1.
- Rinse soda solution from battery with clear water and blot battery dry with paper toweling. Dispose of toweling in a safe manner.
- Inspect battery case and cover for cracks, leakage or damaged hold down ledge. Replace battery if any damage is evident.
- Inspect battery tray for damage caused by acid from battery. If acid is present, clean area with baking soda solution.
- Clean battery posts with a battery post cleaning tool (1), Fig. 2.
- Clean battery cable clamps (2) with a battery terminal cleaning tool (1), Fig. 3.
- Replace cables that are frayed or have broken clamps.
- Install battery into vehicle, as required.