2001 ford expedition. 5.9L triton engine. Auto tranny

Ford Expedition

Im tired of computers in cars. They break down too often and they are needless. I fish in remote areas an want to know if I can rip any and all computers out if this vehicle and just have a manual engine/tranny system that has less worry and far more reliable.

Can I do this or would I have to replace the triton engine in it along with the tranny?

Is it possible to remove any and all computer systems from this vehicle? Im tired of issues. I go for deep woods fishing trips and would rather rely on a more manual,basic setup for an engine/tranny as its too risky to get stuck 100 miles in somewhere. Even if i have to replace the engine an tranny. Or should i just look for a pre 1990 4×4 like a jeep or chevy s10 to fix up? Any help is appreciated. Just dont wanna have to buy a new vehicle.

The 2001 engine requires the computer. It would be easier to just buy what it is you need/want instead of trying to turn what you have into something it isn’t going to be. My thoughts on the matter anyway. Just look for a pre 1990 4×4.