I have Spark but no start 04 Chevy Silverado v6

2004-chevy-silverado

I had a problem with it somtime will start an run fine other times it won’t start I done coil plugs wires everything still won’t start cranks but don’t start I have spark even Putin gas in intacl it won’t try to start so I checked fuel pressure it goes to 60 but slowly bleeds of do I have a fuel regulator problem or pump

I have developed a step by step chart to address No Start conditions.Here is the link:

If it just takes a while for it to start you may be able to perform a quick test. Before you try to start it, cycle the ignition key on and off 5 times each time pausing in the on position for 5 seconds. This will prime the fuel system if the pressure has bled off. Should you find it starts easier doing this then for sure you have a fuel related issue. Either the fuel pump or pressure regulator may be bad.

I have Spark but no start?

A good way to test your no start issue once you have confirmed you have good spark would be to try starting fluid. This is easiest with two people. One person cranks the engine continuously while the other sprays a small steady stream in the air filter box. You hear it try and run or run for a few seconds until it runs out of starting fluid then you for sure have a fuel related issue. Possibly the fuel pressure regulator if it is just bleeding off pressure. I looked up the fuel pressure regulator for your specific application here:

*NOTE: Make certain to relieve fuel pressure before removal the old part.

FUEL PRESSURE RELIEF

1. Turn ignition OFF and disconnect battery ground cable to avoid possible fuel discharge if an accidental attempt is made to start engine.
  2. Loosen fuel filler cap to relieve fuel tank vapor pressure.
  3. Remove cap on fuel pressure service connection.
  4. Connect a suitable gauge tool to fuel pressure service connection. Wrap a shop towel around fitting while connecting gauge to avoid spillage.
  5. Place bleed hose of gauge tool into an approved gasoline container.
  6. Open bleed valve on gauge tool to bleed fuel system pressure. Place a shop towel under fuel pressure service connection to catch any remaining fuel spillage.
  7. Remove gauge tool from fuel pressure service connection.
  8. Drain any fuel remaining in gauge tool.
  9. Install cap on the fuel pressure service connection.

Labor Time

Labor time in the manual for replacing the fuel pressure regulator on the 4.3L v6 engine is 2.1 hours.

Engine Light On?

Of course if there are any check engine light codes present these codes can assist in guiding you in the right direction as well. For example if there is a MAF sensor code the issue may be that the sensor is telling the engines computer to shut off the fuel from the injectors due to a false reading. This can also happen if you have other faulty sensors or even a vacuum leak.