My boyfriend recently replaced the serpentine belt and the tensioner pulley. The pulley is a manual one and he can’t seem to get the tension right. How do you correctly fix the tension on a manual tensioner pulley? Also, can it be interchanged with an automatic tensioner pulley on this specific vehicle?
From what I am aware of this vehicle came from the factory with an automatic serpentine belt tensioner. I looked it up for the 2005 Altima 3.5 V6. Here is a link to the tensioner: https://amzn.to/3HHk3Qn
How to Replace Serpentine Drive Belt
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove wheel and lug nuts from vehicle.
- Remove righthand side fender cover.
- Rotate or lift belt tensioner arm, using a suitable tool to relieve tension from drive belt.
- Remove drive belt from vehicle.
- Clean pulleys and inspect for any bent or damaged pulleys.
- Reverse procedure to install.