2001 Chrysler Intrepid

I went to a mechanic a month ago and replace the alternator because my battery light came on.  After about one month, the battery light came on again.  I went to the same mechanic and he said that the oxygen senor is faulty.  If I unplugged one oxygen sensor and I did not fix that one oxygen sensor. Will the car still run and won’t shut down?  What are the problems that the car might cause?

3 thoughts on “2001 Chrysler Intrepid”

1. the battery light coming on has nothing to do with an oxygen sensor. i would suggest going to a different shop and having it retested.

An Oxygen sensor has nothing to do with the battery light. If you unplug an oxygen sensor it will still run but have bad gas mileage and the check engine light will come on.

2. After I unplugged one of the oxygen sensor, my engine light and battery light does not come on anymore.

Is it true that my car will consume more fuel. It is what the mechanic said.

3. I will go to another auto store. I would like to know if you know what is the cause of the battery light coming on.
    I changed a new alternator a month ago and just recently the battery light came on again.
    Do you think I need to change the oxygen sensor? If so, how much would it be?

Comments are closed.