2000 Jeep GC

2000.Jeep GC
Dash going crazy! Occasionally all dash lights come on and all guages stop working. When thid happems power windows & locks also stop working. Also recently my interior lights came on and fuse had to be removed to turn them off! System hooked up to machine which gave code / error P1698. Key on/off sequence shows code/errors P1281, P1686, P1687, P1698 DONE on odometer. I’ve looked at what these codes mean, but am clueless as to what these definitions mean!
Also heated seats no longer work although the power switch does lite up indicating power. Check guages lite did remain on at all times sincr problem started, but now only comes on with other dash lights.
Please help.! I am a single female with no understanding of how to determine problem or how to fix it, nor do i have any funds to have it looked at or fixed!
I will follow any suggestions to determine / repair this issue, just tell me what to do!!
Please Help! Im afraid I might end up broke down and stuck on the side of the road!!!!

Keywords:

1 thought on “2000 Jeep GC”

1. P1281 Engine Is Cold Too Long (Chrysler)
    This code just means your engine is taking too long to warm up. Usually a new thermostat will fix it.

P1686 No SKIM Bus Message Received (CHRYSLER)
    P1687 No Cluster Bus Message (CHRYSLER)
    P1698 No Bus Message From TCM (CHRYSLER)

This maybe a simple issue of needing the software updated by the dealer.

Note From Dealers TSB (Technical Service Bulletin)
    DUE TO THE PCM REPROGRAMMING PROCEDURE, A DTC MAY BE SET IN OTHER MODULES (EATX, BCM, MIC, SKIM) WITHIN THE VEHICLE, IF SO EQUIPPED. SOME DTC’S MAY CAUSE THE MIL TO ILLUMINATE. ALL DTC’S RELATE TO A LOSS OF COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE MODULE THAT IS BEING REPROGRAMMED. CHECK ALL MODULES, RECORD THE FAULTS, AND ERASE THESE FAULTS PRIOR TO RETURNING THE VEHICLE TO THE CUSTOMER. ERASE ANY FAULTS IN THE PCM ONLY AFTER ALL OTHER MODULES HAVE HAD THEIR FAULTS ERASED

Comments are closed.