No.1 Dummy needs help, Guages stopped working

• I tried to charge a spare 12 volt car battery by connecting it to the accessory lighter socket outlet in my 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager.  What kind of , damage could I have done?  Is there a link to the electric schematic for this vehicle?   Thanks and God bless.
  • My instrument cluster guages stopped working while I was driving.  No speedo, fuel, temp, rpm, gear shift, odometer.  All just stopped!  How can I find the problem?  More God bless.
  • Also the carpet under the rubber floor mat on the drivers side is quite wet.  Is this a common problem and where could the water be coming from?   Again, Thanks and God bless.

There is no problem connecting a 12 volt battery to the cigar lighter. Should not be any damageas long as you hooked it up correctly(positive to positive, negative to negative). If you hooked it up wrong, you would only blow a fuse for the cigar lighter. You can locate this fuse in the owners manual under “fuses”

As for the wet carpet on the passenger side, either you have a leaking heatercore(would have sweet smell) or a clogged evaporator drain. (would be just water)

Check your coolant level to see if it is low, should help you determine the problem area.