1998 Ford Ranger electrical issue

While attempting to locate a power failure to my trailer brake lights , I apparently caused a short cirtuit because all power features failed.  I have tested and replaced fuses and relays, but get no response.  Have I shorted out a main computer module?  Vehicle: 1998 Ford Ranger, 2 wheel drive, 3.0L v6, automatic, 234xxx miles.

Keywords:

3 thoughts on “1998 Ford Ranger electrical issue”

1. More than likely you have a loose wire from the battery. see if you are missing a positive or negative going to the fuse block. Then trace the wiring to see where the problem is. You could remove the copmputer and the headlights/dash lights should still come on.

You can click the “Wiring Diagrams” tab to your left as a digram may help you trace the curcuit.

2. It sounds like your multi switch on the steering col um.
    disconnect -bat
    You can try removing steering wheel,move signal lever to find the part that moves inside the front of the col um connect the power ,turn on the key put pressure on the moving part of the switch in the col um
    Hold down on it moving the switch left to right to see if it makes any difference. disconnect after you test the switch.Good luck

3. Hi I got a 1994 Ford Ranger and the only lights that come on are the headlights. The signls work front and back but dash, parking, and break lights do not work or the license plate light. Open the door and the dome light works. My ABS light on the dash stays on and blinks continuously. But when I mess with the headlight knob it all works sometimes. But if I pull the headlight knob out all the way like its suppose to. Then the same problem comes back none of the lights I menioned above don’t come on.

Comments are closed.