the vehicle 2003 chevy S-10 P/U crewcab 4×4 4.3 liter V-6 automatic with a/c, I replaced the heatercore by removing & replacing the dashboard, went to start the truck & stalled imediately,then the security light came on steady ,tried to reset the security light with the remote and nothing,checked all electrical connections & still nothing.i’m mind boggled & could use some insight on this, i am just about broke and out of work please help. thankyou

the vehicle 2003 chevy S-10 P/U crewcab 4×4 4.3 liter V-6 automatic with a/c, I replaced the heatercore by removing & replacing the dashboard, went to start the truck & stalled imediately,then the security light came on steady ,tried to reset the security light with the remote and nothing,checked all electrical connections & still nothing.i’m mind boggled & could use some insight on this, i am just about broke and out of work please help. thankyou

Keywords:

3 thoughts on “the vehicle 2003 chevy S-10 P/U crewcab 4×4 4.3 liter V-6 automatic with a/c, I replaced the heatercore by removing & replacing the dashboard, went to start the truck & stalled imediately,then the security light came on steady ,tried to reset the security light with the remote and nothing,checked all electrical connections & still nothing.i’m mind boggled & could use some insight on this, i am just about broke and out of work please help. thankyou”

1. I would look to the last thing you worked on. Since it was replacing the heatercore, I can only assume you did not reconnect all the wires correctly when reinstalling the dash. Back track your steps and you should be able to find the issue.

If you have triple checked this, you can try disconnecting the battery, turn the key to the “ON” position and reconnect the battery, then turn the key tot he “Start” position.

2. thanks for responding Kristen , in the begining went by what the manual said to do which was to remove the dash to access the heater box to remove the core and reversed the process,followed all the wires & parts i tagged backed together.(i’m pretty meticulous when it comes to stuff like this, sometimes too meticulous).so i checked all fuses , relays & connections. truck starts then stalls right away ,and the security light is still on ,even with the key in the off position the light stays on . any ideas on this would be helpful. (truck ran fine before i started this stuff with the heatercore ).

3. did you figure out your problem/ doing the same hater core, where are all the bolts for the heat/vent alation module? Book says one on the engine side insde the resistor cover , I also remved the nut next to the hoses on the firewall. The book says remove the fasteners inside, I only see one! on the bottom right with a stud on each side coming rom the engine side. Where are the rest of the bolts?

Thanks
    Mike

Comments are closed.