Nov 122010

I own a 2006 Nissan altima 2.5. One day it wouldn’t start and all power was off. There was a clicking noise coming from the drivers side dash. The tow company came and he connected a battery charger to the battery and it started right up. He said the alternator showed fine. I drove it to Autozone and they said the battery was good. The next day the same problem happened. Clicking noise and car wouldn’t start. I opened the hood, adjusted the battery connections and then the power came on( interior lights, open door beep etc..) then I immediately tried to start the car and again all the power went out. When I turned the key to start it just made a short popping noise that kinda sounded like a spark and everything just completely died. This is what happened every time I attempted to start it when I regained power to the car. I put in a new battery and the power came on but again when I attempted to start it everything completely died.

One Response to “car wont start PLEASE HELPHELP”

1. This sounds like you have some serious corrosion inside the battery cables and or connections. Anything short of a good, tight clean connection from the battery to the connections will create this problem again and again.

You can if need be, use a multi-meter to check for resistance on the cables to see if they need to be replaced.

Leave a Reply