Low Tire pressure light

Our 2007 Nissan Altima’s Low Tire Pressure Light flashes for 1 minute when we first start it then stays on. I had the tire pressure checked and all tires were 4lbs low. I had the shop fill the tires to 32lbs then drove the car. No change. I went back to the shop and they checked the sensors and all were transmitting a signal Any ideas?

1 thought on “Low Tire pressure light”

1. Seems Nissan is having issues with this all over the place. From most of the research I have read, it would seem the quickest solution is to set the tire pressure to 38 psi and make sure your spare is inflated as well if equipped with a sensor.

TPMS issues are popping up again over on the NissanEnthusiast.com Altima forum.(my 08 has an erratic light with no TP issues). I keep my stock 16″ tires at 38 psi for a little better MPG.
    Someone posted this link to the Nissan Bartec system:
    Nissan TPMS – Nissan TPMS Tools & Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
    Their opening statement says:
    Welcome to Nissan TPMS – Nissan TPMS Tool & Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

TPMS or Tire Pressure Monitoring System is fitted to Nissan cars to provide a warning of low pressure on any one of four or five tires on the vehicle (five if TPMS fitted in spare).

This would indicate that over-inflation is not monitored, only low pressures.

Comments are closed.