08 Mazda5 sport 5-speed manual transmission

We bought 08 Mazda5 in May 08, and it has 20,300 on the odometer.  Last week, the clutch failed in the middle of the highway.  I started to notice that the clutch was slipping about a week prior to the incident.  The dealer told us that we needed to replace a clutch.  We agreed to replace a clutch, brake pads, air filters, drive belt, and cabin air filter.  They also performed wynn’s fuel/emmision system flush service.   When I picked up my car today, I immediately noticed the awkward sound every time I changed the gear.  Suddenly, the gear got stuck as I was driving  home from the dealer.  When I stopped the car, I saw all the warning lights were off including, engine, battery, engine oil, ABS, power steeling, and air bags.  Moreover, all the electronic gradually died when I was waiting to get the car towed, and I could not start the car.  I didn’t have any problem before I took it for a repair.  What is happening to my car?

1 thought on “08 Mazda5 sport 5-speed manual transmission”

1. Sounds like the dealer may have forgot to connect something. Deffinately take it back to them and request they recheck the repair.

The Battery may be weak or in need of an over night charge. Dealers tend to run batteries down while working on them and neglect to recharge them…happens more often than you would think.

As for the transmission issue… take it back to the dealer and let them know this is not acceptable.

Comments are closed.