2002 Acura RSX power steering leak

Hi all I have Acura rsx 2002 model I have a problem with power steering pump and front lower arm both side and little oil leak above control arm is it a serious problem I need to fix it urgently or later and can I use used parts for my car

4 thoughts on “2002 Acura RSX power steering leak”

1. depending on how bad the control arms are would be how soon you need to fix them. I would not install used parts. As for the power steering leak and oil leak… You can let them leak forever. As long as you keep the fluid levels topped off no further damage will be done.

2. my car already had 190k miles on it i want to use my car for another 30 k i dont have any problem with engine except power steering pump and lower control arms especially when i am driving my car i hear a sound like hisssssssss it becomes little extra when i am turning my car other than that i wont have any problem with that i do regular servicing for 3000 miles what would u suggest me to do is it better to buy new ps pump and used lower arms.i got some calls from used parts dealer they say it is A grade
    part plz suggest me i want to save money

3. Again, I would not install used parts.

As for the power steering leak and oil leak… You can let them leak forever. As long as you keep the fluid levels topped off no further damage will be done. As long as you can keep the power steering fluid full and don’t mind the hissing noise, you do not have to do anything with it.

4. Speaking from experience: If your power steering fluid dries up completely it will cease the power steering pulley and destroy your serpentine belt, effect the water pimp, etc. Not good.

Comments are closed.