Oil Problem

Ok so I did a really dumb thing. I waited too long to get an oil change. Im driving my truck and I start going up a little hill and my truck sputters. Then my check guage light turns on and I start hearing a clicking noise and my oil pressure drops. I immediately pull over and shut the engine off. I check the oil and there’s very little on the dip stick. I had it towed to my house and I have added plenty of oil. It wont crank but it doesn’t sound like its seized up though. It acts like its about to turn over and start but doesn’t. Does this mean its locked up and there’s no hope or is there something that can be done?

Keywords:

1 thought on “Oil Problem”

1. Might just be a weak battery. An alternator gone bad or a belt broke and caused the alternator to no longer charge and the battery is now to weak to crank it over.

To be able to confirm a locked engine, remove all spark plugs and put a socket and wrench on the front of the crank and spin the engine over. Removal of the spark plugs is to make it easier to turn over.

Comments are closed.