1995 ford ranger 4×2 xlt

last week when i drove through rain i noticed my truck bogged down going thru the puddles on the road. Things were fine the next day … Today I went 45 miles from home in white out conditions, went to use 4×4, stopped and put it in neutral, turned switch from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive and it wouldn’t engage. The dash light for 4×4 was blinking. It blinked 6 times rapidly then my dash lights disappeared and i had exterior lights only also I have noticed that my interior light ( dome ) light stays on along time , and that now i don’t have any thing working for the 4 wheel drive features.

1 thought on “1995 ford ranger 4×2 xlt”

1. The blinking light on the 4×4 switch indicates an error. The most common reason for your particular issue would be the solenoid is frozen. If you have a garage that you can thaw the truck out in , disconnect the battery and then reconnect it to reset the system and then test it, it should work just fine.

In several cases in the past, a faulty switch on the dash can also cause this issue.

And in rare cases the automatic hubs not locking in on both sides can also cause this issue.

Flashing lights is a means the truck is stuck between shifts or is unable to verify what mode the tcase is in.

Clean or replace the shift motor. If you have the brown wire going into the tcase you must remove it from the harness before you take off the motor. You do not need to cut and splice it.

Servicing A Transfer Case Shift motor

Comments are closed.