2000 chevrolet cavalier

I just bought a new cap for the reservoir an its not fitting on there tight anymore an when im driving antifreeze goes everywhere. why is this?

5 thoughts on “2000 chevrolet cavalier”

1. I would guess that the replacement cap you purchased was an aftermarket that doesn’t fit right or you lost the flat ring washer that seals it. Most likely you just meed to get one form the Dealer and your troubles should be over.

2. im having to put coolant in it every time I drive it so far it has never ran hot. and I noticed after I cut the car off I see steam an the smell of antifreeze coming from under the hood what could this be.?

I sounds like you may have a coolant leak.

You will need to repair the leak in order to keep it from loosing coolant. You will need to pressurize the system and then look for the leak, you may need to use a flash light to see. A mirror comes in handy at times also. Once you locate the leak, have it repaired.

Where is the steam coming from? Is there a big puddle under the car where you park it?

3. no its gets wet where the battery and back where my brake fluid goes I see antifreeze all over the right side.

4. You will need to pressurize the system and then look for the leak, you may need to use a flash light to see. A mirror comes in handy at times also. A coolant system pressure tested comes in handy.

Once you locate the leak, have it repaired.

5. last 4 days I haven’t had any more problems. and today all of the sudden the low coolant light started coming back on. im guessing it is just a hose leaking an does the change in weather affect the hoses?

Comments are closed.