1999 DODGE DURANGO

WHEN COLD OUT ( BELOW 40 DEG ) YOU CANT RUN THE HEAD LIGHTS AND HEATER AT SAME TIME. THE VOLTAGE DROPS AND THE CHECK GAGES LIGHT COMES ON. I HAVE REPLACED THE BATTERY AND HAD THE ALT CHECKED SEVREAL TIME IS ALWAYS TESTS OK. I EVEN SWAPPED ALT WITH MY OTHER TRUCK PROBLEM STAYED WITH THE DURRANGO, THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY WHEN THE TEMP GOES ABOVE 40 TO 50 DEG ???

Keywords:

2 thoughts on “1999 DODGE DURANGO”

1. Only things that come to mind would be MOISTURE and/or bad connections. You could trace the wiring with a multi-meter and check for resistance. Replace or repair the wiring as needed. I would stick with the two circuits that are causing the issue the most. Would think more of the blower motor drawing to many amps. Does it seem the same no matter the Fan speed setting(low/high)?

2. You may have a PCM, powertrain control module that is not working properly. They can be reset. Ehow has a step by step procedure which you should be able to do yourself or with a buddy. Good luck.

Instructions
    1.Open the hood of the Durango.

2.Locate the battery and remove the black-wired negative terminal from the battery

3.Turn the ignition key to the “on/crank” position for 30 seconds, then replace the ignition key to the “off” position.

4.Reconnect the negative battery terminal and close the hood.

5.Turn the ignition key until the Durango starts and allow it to idle. Check the dashboard for the malfunction indicator light status.

Comments are closed.