2002 mishubishi eclipse gt 3.0

Passenger side has warm heat driver side has cold new radiator brubed thermosat new, heater core flushed an both inlet and out let get hot flap doors are machinical and moving both radiator hoses get hot. If you turn blower to high then both side get cold

Keywords:

1 thought on “2002 mishubishi eclipse gt 3.0”

1. Your air ducts inside the dash are not connected and or mode door actuators are not working.

My first guess would be that someone has installed an aftermarket stereo or alarm/remote start and left something disconnected.

If dash has not been touched, I would think mode door actuators as these are common failure parts.

Both heater hoses getting hot indicates the cooling system is working as it should and the issue is under the dash.

Poor Heater System Performance Trubleshooting

CAUTION
    Check all fluid levels and adjust as needed, before operating vehicle for extended periods at idle.

1.Start the engine.
    2.Idle the engine until the thermostat opens (upper radiator hose will be hot) Is the engine at normal operating temperature (approx. 200� F)? If yes, go to the next step. If no, go to step 16.
    3.Set the mode selector to FLOOR mode.
    4.Set the heater control selector to the warmest temperature setting.
    5.Set the blower speed the lowest setting.
    6.Carefully feel the inlet and outlet heater hoses at the heater core. Is the inlet heater hose significantly hotter than the outlet heater hose? If yes, go to step 14. If no, go to the next step.
    7.Set the mode selector to PANEL mode.
    8.Select the maximum blower speed.
    9.Select the warmest temperature setting.
    10.Place a thermometer into the center I/P PANEL air outlet and affix a second thermometer to the heater core outlet heater hose.
    11.Record the temperature at the center I/P PANEL air outlet and at the heater core outlet heater hose. Are the two temperature readings about equal? If yes, go to the next step. If no, go to step 13.
    12.Inspect and repair the cowl, cowl area, recirculation door, and the HVAC evaporator/heater core case for cold air leaks. Repair any problems found, go to step 17.
    13.Inspect the temperature door operation. Repair any problems found, go to step 17.
    14.Turn OFF the engine. Back-flush the heater core. Start the engine. Select the FLOOR mode and the lowest blower speed. Select the warmest temperature setting. Feel the temperature of the inlet and outlet heater hoses at the heater core. Is the inlet heater hose feel significantly hotter than the outlet heater hose? If yes, go to the next step. If no, go to step 17.
    15.Replace the heater core. When the repair is completed, go to step 17.
    16.Check for low engine temperature problems, Repair or replace as needed, go to step 17.
    17.Operate the system in order to verify the repair. If the system operates properly, the repair is complete. If the heater still does not work properly, repeat the entire procedure.

Comments are closed.