2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE off road model

I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE off road model, The meter that indicates the Oil pump pressure never rise more than halfway at initial start and when the engine is steaming, the meter drops from the half position to almost the lowest position, but when you initiate drive, the meter rises to half position and stops there.
In this condition when driving at about 1.5rpm the engine will develop a strange sound for a short time (about 30 seconds) and stop, but continue again and stop when you accelerate. Though it still drives very fine and smoothly, could there be a problem with the oil pump? kindly advice me please.

Keywords:

1 thought on “2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE off road model”

1. First thing I would do would be to check the oil Level. If it is unexpectedly low, find the leak and fix it. If the oil is over full, you may have a worse problem yet that is thinning your oil.

An engine requires 10 psi for every 1,000 RPM, so at 2,500 RPM the engine needs at least 25 psi of oil pressure. With that in mind, you will need to install a pressure gauge to check to see if the OIL pump is keeping up with the required amount of pressure. This will allow you to be certain of an issue with your oil pump.

If you haven’t changed your in a long while (in the past 5k miles) you may want to do this as well.

Let me know what you find.

Comments are closed.