1998 honda accord vtec

Timing belt and water pump were replaced 20k ago. Water punp has slow leak under pressure. Can water pump be easily replaced without messing with the timing belt?

1 thought on “1998 honda accord vtec”

  1. No. The timing belt is what spins the water pump therefore the timing belt must be removed in order to replace the water pump.

    A different option, depending on just how small the leak is, would be to try some good stop leak. I have had great success with “Bar’s Stop Leak” Its less than $5 and works wonders. Must use the pelletized.

    Just add it to the coolant and drive it a day or two. Top off the coolant level and you should be good to go.

Comments are closed.