Oldsmobile

This is not a question about the car itself, but really about how mechanics operate their businesses.

I do not use my car as merely a means of transportation to and from an office job, I use my car to PERFORM my job; my car is the my means to make my living; I have no job whatsoever without it. Yet, if something goes wrong, this car cannot seem to get the proper priority. Like right now, the rear end just failed, yet the shop won’t even look at it for three days because they want to be closed on a set schedule, instead of closing when all of the work is done. It’s one thing to decide their own work schedules, but the problem is that they are deciding MY work schedule. This is not right.

Why are car hospitals not willing to do triage like people hospitals do? Why won’t they prioritize based upon the turmoil caused in the customer’s lives? Why are people whose only inconvenience is taking a bus instead of their own car to their office job given a higher priority in some cases to those who have no way whatsoever of working when their car is down (independent couriers, for instance)?

1 thought on “Oldsmobile”

1. Not all shops are created equal.

I can understand your frustration and felt the same way 15 years ago when I opened my first shop called Commercial Fleet Service of Ohio, INC.. We did just what you asked. We focused on commercial customers that needed such priority and gave them just that as we understood the need of a working vehicle. So I would have to suggest to you that you get a phone book and start calling around to different shops till you find one that will provide you the service you need. Not all shops are created equal. Try one out and if it is not a good fit for you, move on till you find one that is. Once you find a shop that can take care of you, repay them by showing some loyalty and it should pay off for you in the long run. They are just people, some bad, some good. There are plenty of shops out there and you do not have to settle when another is just around the corner.

Comments are closed.