rough idle RESPONSE Rough Idle When the check engine light is on, have the engine trouble codes pulled and post them below in the comments. Just about any local auto parts store will do this for free. There is a good chance that an engine…
Description of Problem: my car has been overheating and leaking anti-freeze. I was told it was the thermostat, I replaced it. It did not work. So then I was told it was the coolant jug. I replaced that and now the antifreeze is spraying out from the top. Do you know what that could be? please email me at XXXXXXXXX@XXXXX.XXX
Hard to say what it is without looking to see where the leaking anti-freeze is spraying from. I would suspect a hose or water pump. Could also be the coolant bypass valve. You can look at it and if you are not sure what you are looking at, post a picture.
Coolant Bypass Valve Replacement
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the heater hoses.
- Remove the clamps and the heater hoses from the heater water flow control/bypass valve.
- Install the heater hoses and clamps on the heater water flow control/bypass valve.
- Install the heater hoses.
- Fill the engine cooling system.