Description of Problem: my car has been overheating and leaking anti-freeze. I was told it was the thermostat, I replaced it. It did not work. So then I was told it was the coolant jug. I replaced that and now the antifreeze is spraying out from the top. Do you know what that could be? please email me at XXXXXXXXX@XXXXX.XXX
Hard to say what it is without looking to see where the leaking anti-freeze is spraying from. I would suspect a hose or water pump. Could also be the coolant bypass valve. You can look at it and if you are not sure what you are looking at, post a picture.
Coolant Bypass Valve Replacement
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the heater hoses.
- Remove the clamps and the heater hoses from the heater water flow control/bypass valve.
- Install the heater hoses and clamps on the heater water flow control/bypass valve.
- Install the heater hoses.
- Fill the engine cooling system.