ABS light on 2006 Chevrolet Silverado

2006 Chevy Silverado

I recently cut my tail/ turn signal light lines and fixed some wiring issues. Got them working properly. Now speedometer wont work abs & brake light on will not shift out of 1st gear in drive. I can only get 2nd if I change it manually. Already changed VSS at transfer case. HELP!!!

RESPONSE

If the problem wasn’t there before you went to fixing on the wiring, that would be the first place to start. Undo everything you just did to see if it all starts working again like it did before you messed with it. Looking over the wiring diagrams I do not see any connection between the turn signal lights and the transmission.

The brake and ABS light on being on as a separate issue generally come on together for the same reason.

1. Low on Brake fluid – How to check fluid levels
  2. Failed wheel speed sensor
  3. Failed Hub Bearing – this takes out the internal speed sensor

I currently own a 2006 Chevy 1500 Z71 and have had to replace both front hub bearing assemblies prior to 60,000 miles. This is a common failure part. Here is the correct part to fit your vehicle, I have double checked for 4WD application. This is the New Style Series by Timken(top of the line) and should last longer. For less than $120.00 with free shipping. And yes the failed speed sensors or faulty signal from one of them will cause the transmission to shift erratically.
Follow image for more Details…