CMP Sensor 2001 Hyundai Sonata 2.4l

2001 Hyundai SonataI am working on my 2001 Hyundai Sonata 2.4l. I have been going over the wiring diagrams for the CMP sensor and it shows the number 3 wire going to the center of the sensor but is listed as number 3 and is a pink wire. Number one is showing as the top position and is the ground wire blk. And finally the number 2 wire is showing on the diagram as being in the bottom position on the sensor. But like I said it is listed as the number 2 wire and is blk with a blue strip. So I am confused. Does the pink wire go in the middle or at the bottom of the sensor?

RESPONSE

cmp sensor connector diagram hyundai

Most wiring diagrams can be a bit confusing to read at times. This diagram is showing you what color wires they are and what number the wire is. The connector diagram tells you where the wire goes in correlation to the CMP Sensor. The connection goes as ordered in the above diagram. (thank you for providing the wiring diagrams).

• Number one position in the connector is the ground wire
  • Number two position is the control wire connecting to the E/TCM(Engine /Transmission Control module)
  • Number three position is the pink wire connecting from the 15 amp EGR Fuse. This wire will be hot in ON & START position.

cmp sensor wiring diagram Hyundai Sonata 2.4L

2001 hyundai sonata 2.4 wiring diagram 001

CMP Sensor

A Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor consists of a permanent magnet, yoke and coil. The CMP sensor is positioned next to the cam gear. As each cam gear tooth passes the sensor magnetic pick-up an AC voltage pulse is induced in the coil. The PCM counts the number of pulses to determine the camshaft speed. And the number of pulses counted in one second is the signal frequency.

The camshaft position sensor signal is required to sequence the injector operation to the proper cylinder timing. If the camshaft position sensor or circuit is faulty, most engines will start.

1 thought on “CMP Sensor 2001 Hyundai Sonata 2.4l”

1. I have a 2002 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 cylinder my camshaft position sensor have three wires two of the wires are black one is Pink one wire have writing on it it’s black other black why doesn’t my position sensor sets diagonally up and down which is the number one two and three position how do I put the wires and in the right position and on the right plug please help

Comments are closed.