2011 chevy travese l

2011 Chevy TraverseMy ecm1 fuse keeps blowing. The car will not start. What should I do?

RESPONSE

Check the Powertrain relay first. Trace wiring from relay yo fuse and from fuse to the ECM and look for a short. If it checks out you may need to replace the ECM. The wiring diagram below shows the ECM 1 Fuse and wiring. It connects to the ECM from there.

ECM Fuse 1 Wiring Diagram 2011 Chevy Traverse

2 thoughts on “2011 chevy travese l”

1. I have a 2011 Chevy Traverse when AC is on it keeps blowing the ECM 1 fuse if AC is off it will not blow

2. honestly, it sounds to me like you may need to unplug the harness from the ECM, then go through all the wiring to check for weak spots as well as moisture. You could have a wire in the harness that has separated inside it’s sleeve or you could have a wiring that is chaffed and grounding somewhere that it shouldn’t.

Another thing to try would be to double check the grounding cables at the batteries, sides of the engine, starter, etc to ensure that all the leads are clean.

One other thing that is possible but rare; I have seen some trucks have damage to the wiring UNDER the top section of the fuse block under the hood. Carefully pull that top piece off and make sure nothing has made a nest in there. I have seen this happen in the past and it can obviously cause issues.

Source: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/ecm-1-fuse-keeps-blowing.48089/

Comments are closed.