why no brake light replace brake relay also switch ck fuses no power to
Can the lower intake manifold gaskets be replaced without removing the upper intake from the lower? Or can I pull the entire intake as an entire unit?
Yes. The intake manifold may be removed as an assembly. Do not remove the specific intake manifold components unless component service is required.
Intake Manifold Removal
- Remove the evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge solenoid valve harness.
- Push the quick disconnect clip and hold in place.
- Pull outward on the harness elbow.
- Take off the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor wire connector (if equipped) from the engine wiring harness bracket.
- Remove the lower manifold bolts.
- Remove the manifold assembly.
- Discard the lower manifold gaskets.
Important The intake manifold may be removed as an assembly. Do not remove the specific manifold components unless component service is required.
Do not allow dirt or debris to enter the fuel system. Ensure that the ends of the fuel system are properly sealed.
Do not disassemble the Central Sequential Fuel Injection (SFI) unit, unless service is required.
• Inspect the lower intake manifold for the following:
– Cracks or damage
– Damage to the gasket sealing surfaces
– Damage to the threaded bolt holes
– Restricted exhaust gas recirulation (EGR) system passages
– Restricted cooling system passages