Where is the rge valve and how do I get to it?
Where do I locate the brain/computer? I need the computer location.
Engine Computer Location
The ECM/PCM in 1995 and newer models is located behind the glove box.
What is an Engine Computer?
The PCM/ECM works by receiving inputs from various sensors, comparing the information received, and making the necessary corrections. The output side of the computer actually supplies ground to the majority of the components. By controlling how long the component is grounded. In conclusion the computer is able to make all the necessary corrections. For example the pulse width of the injector(s).
Engine Computer Replacement
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Locate the ECM/PCM.
- A.On models through 1994, the ECM is located on the drivers side of the vehicle. It is behind and below the instrument panel.
- B.On 1995 and newer models the ECM/PCM is located behind the glove box.
- Remove the attaching hardware from the module.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Connect the electrical connectors.
- Mount the module and screw into place.
- Connect the negative battery cable.