tools needed to change front calipers
Estimated time for a shop to replace a single front brake caliper is 0.8 hours or 1.4 for both.
Caliper Replacement Tools
- Vehicle Jack and Stands – Used to raise and support vehicle.
- Wheel Lug Nut Removal Tool – used to remove wheel.
- Brake Pedal Depressing Tool (Holding Tool) – This is to hold the brake pedal down to isolate the master cylinder from the hydraulic system. It disallows the brake fluid to completely drain out of the brake reservoir.
- Metric Socket Set and Ratchet 8mm – 19mm – Used to remove retaining bolts.
- Drain Pan – Used to catch brake fluid.
- C-Clamp – Used to compress the replacement caliper if necessary.
- Torque Wrench – Used to install the Banjo bolt with new washers to 35 ft. lbs.
Brake Caliper Mounting Description
- Caliper Hose
- Caliper Mounting Bolts
- Banjo Fitting
Not a tool but you will need brake fluid and probably a few rags.