Tested spark, fuel flow, compression, and all are good. Car cranks, but wont start. New…
I have a 2004 Ford Focus ZTW 2.3l with Engine Code P0302. The engine is missing on cylinder #2. This happens once the car is well warmed up. I tried replacing the spark plugs and that specific coil to no avail.
Ford Code P0302 – Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
When a misfire occurs, engine speed will fluctuate. If the engine speed fluctuates enough to cause the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor signal to vary, the Engine Control Module (ECM) can determine that a misfire is occurring.
The P0302 code means that the cylinder 2 is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks an if no leaks are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs on cylinder 2. If the problem persist more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem, continue with Possible Cause.
Code P0302 Possible causes
- Faulty spark plug 2
- Clogged or faulty fuel injector 2
- Faulty ignition coil 2
- Fuel injector 2 harness is open or shorted
- Fuel injector 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Ignition coil 2 harness is open or shorted
- Ignition coil 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Insufficient cylinder 2 compression
- Incorrect fuel pressure
- Intake air leak