Can the parts from a 2000 eclipse be used on my 2000 mirage same motor?
like the instrument cluster
No. The eclipse is different. As they might appear similar in size from the front and may actually fit it the same spot, the connections on the back are quite different.
2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Instrument Cluster
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse Instrument Cluster
Mirage Instrument Cluster Removal
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the center trim panel.
- Remove the knee protector. If pin type clips are used, they may be removed using the following procedure:
- A.Press down on the center pin with a suitable blunt pointed tool. Press down a little more than 1 ⁄ 16 in. (2mm). This releases the clip. Pull the clip outward to remove it.
- B.Do not push the pin inward more than necessary because it may damage the grommet or the pin may fall in, if pushed in too far. Once the clips are removed, use a plastic trim stick if necessary to pry the knee protector loose.
- Remove the instrument cluster bezel.
- Remove the instrument cluster. Disassemble and remove gauges or the speedometer as required.
NOTE: If the speedometer cable adapter requires service, disconnect the cable at the transaxle end. Pull the cable slightly toward the vehicle interior, release the lock by turning the adapter to the right or left and remove the adapter.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Use care not to damage the printed circuit board or any gauge components.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check all cluster-related items for proper operation.