My wheel is locking in upside down. recently changed out clock spring and rack & pinion. books do not trouble shoot this issue.
While driving it will not shift up or down. When you turn the car off then start it up it will drive fine but it will happen again.
Will Not Shift
For sure it is a transmission related issue. There may be a code stored that will enlighten us as to the specific cause. Since we do not have the code I will give you an idea of what it could be. Most likely a sticking shift solenoid or faulty VSS – Vehicle Speed Sensor.
Chrysler Code P0752 – 1-2 or 4-5 Shift Solenoid Fault
Code P0752 Possible causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty solenoid valve
- Shift Solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Shift Solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
Code P0752 Possible symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears.