No crank no start 1994 Chevy Silverado 1500

Chevy C1500

No Crank, No Start

My wife parked my truck and now it doesn’t crank. The starter is good. The battery is good. I also changed the ignition switch. I drove it last week and noticed the speedometer was jumping. Now when I hook the battery up the heater is on and the chime goes off without the key in. Some gauges are messed up too. Is my problem the BCM ?

Is the problem the BCM? NO! There is no involvement of the BCM to getting the engine to crank over. Looking over the provided wiring diagram it appears there are a couple of things left to check.

1. Crank Fuse
  2. Fusible Links
  3. Clutch Start Switch/Neutral Switch
  4. Wiring Harness

How to Diagnose No Crank, No Start

With the use of a multi-meter you may check for battery voltage at the “S” terminal on the starter while someone holds the ignition key in the “START” position. If you see battery positive at the “S” terminal and the starter still does not crank, double check for battery negative on the case of the starter. Repair block ground if no battery negative is seen. If battery negative is seen on the case of the starter and battery positive is seen on the “S” terminal with the ignition key in “START”, Replace the starter.

No battery positive seen on at “S” terminal with ignition in “START” position

Trace wiring from one side of each component in the circuit until you locate the battery positive. Then repair the wiring, the connection or replace the effected component. Since you have made the repair it makes sense to test it again.

Starting Circuit Wiring Diagram 1994 Chevy 1500

1994-chevy-1500-starting-circuit-1-of-1