How to fix code P0449 on my 2006 Chevy Silverado? The check engine light is on. When I clear the code, it comes right back on. What do I need to do to fix code P0449?
Chevy Code P0449
Evaporative Emission Vent Valve Solenoid Malfunction – SOLVED!
Code P0449 Probable Causes
- Sensor or solenoid faulty
- Connector terminal contact is damaged or corroded
- Wire harness – Check harness for correct voltage, open, short to ground or short to voltage
- Update control unit software – Check for the latest control unit update
- Powertrain or Engine Control Module faulty
- Vacuum leaks, damaged hoses or improper routing
- EVAP system – Check fuel cap, canister, valves or components
Part needed for fix
I used Dorman part number 911-239 to make the repair. Price: $62.95 with free shipping. Details
- Direct replacement for a proper fit every time
- A necessary replacement item for passing inspection in certain states
EVAP Vent Solenoid Valve
The EVAP vent solenoid valve controls fresh airflow into the EVAP canister. The valve is normally open. The control module commands the valve ON, closing the valve during some EVAP tests, allowing the system to be tested for leaks.