2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 ltre has gone into limp mode. The dashboard warning light that are on are the red flashing lightning bolt, the check engine light and skid indicator. when diagnostic is done the error code is P0340 which is the cranckshaft position sensor which I have replaced. I have also replaced the ETC with no results. Any ideas?
I would consider looking at the camshaft position sensor. You stated that you replace the crankshaft sensor, not the camshaft sensor.
Dodge Code P0340
- Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1
Code P0340 probable causes
- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
- Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty starter motor
- Starting system circuit
- Dead (Weak) battery
Camshaft Position Sensor Location
The Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) (3) is located on right side of timing gear/chain cover below generator (1).
Camshaft Position Sensor Removal
- First of all, disconnect electrical connector (3) at CMP sensor.
- Next remove sensor mounting bolt (3).
- Carefully twist sensor (2) from timing gear/chain cover.
- Finally, check the condition of sensor O-ring.