What is the cooler in front of my radiator in my 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport? I hit a deer and am doing the repairs myself. I am able to get a partial number off the sticker on it (83403 0872A T227AD7165 ). Not sure…
Transmission fluid is showing up in radiator,looking to fill up found red fluid instead of water.
Gallon put in Transmission two days ago.
Where do I look for leak?
The radiator. An internal leak in the radiator allows transmission fluid to enter the cooling system.
- Drain cooling system into a suitable container.
- Remove air inlet resonator.
- Remove coolant system to reserve tank hose.
- Disconnect fans electrical connector.
- Remove coolant recovery system tank retaining screw from upper radiator crossmember.
- Disconnect upper radiator mounting screws from crossmember, then disconnect engine block heater wire if equipped.
- Remove upper radiator crossmember.
- Remove air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect and plug automatic transaxle lines from transaxle.
- Remove hose clamps and hoses from radiator.
- Remove air conditioning condenser attaching screws located at front of radiator, if equipped. Do not discharge air conditioning system.
- Remove radiator from engine compartment by lifting upward.
- Reverse procedure to install.