ABS System was stuck Suzuki Swift

Suzuki Swift

I have a friend who lives in Hungary. She drives a Suzuki Swift. When she took it in for servicing she was told that her ABS system was not working. They told her that the ABS controller pump was not working.

I understand this, but the reason the service people gave was that she never depressed her brake pedal far enough to engage the system. Because of this (they said) the ABS system was “stuck”. They replaced the pump and the brake fluid (and did a couple of other minor repairs). Is this possible? Can the ABS controller pump become jammed because she never depressed the brake pedal far enough to engage the system?

I am not saying that this could not happen. I have just never heard of this happening before. Does this explanation seem plausible?

It would be quite possible for the ABS Controller pump to be faulty if the ABS light was on before taking it in for service work. The first indication of there being an issue with the ABS system is the ABS light being illuminated on the dash.

As for the reason, “never depressed the brake pedal far enough to engage the system” being the cause of the controller to fail, I don’t think so!

2 thoughts on “ABS System was stuck Suzuki Swift”

1. Thank you very much for your reply. The explanation offered by her service person just did not make sense to me. Your explanation seems far more plausible.

Comments are closed.