Parking Brake Activation Switch R&R
- First unlock connector (1) and disconnect, Fig. 1.
- Release all screws (2), Fig. 1.
- Remove switch for electromechanical parking brake (3), Fig. 1.
- Press left and right locks.
- Pull off connector upwards as indicated, Fig. 2.
- Join switch for electromechanical parking brake (3), Fig. 1.
- Tighten all screws (2), Fig. 1.
- Torque EMF switch screws (2) to 2 Nm., Fig. 1.
- Connect connector (1), Fig. 1.
- Connect battery ground.
- Fit center console cover.
You may find that replacing the switch doesn’t take care of the problem. Look at the wiring harness to make sure the wires are not getting brittle with age.