I need to either adjust or replace the FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR. Is heir a quick check to fix a faulty regulator or replacement kit or complete FUEL PRESSURE, REGULATOR. How do I go about the procedure?
On a 2000 Hyundai Accent the fuel pressure regulator is located in the fuel pump. So the fuel pump will need to be replaced. I have added the DIY fuel pump replacement procedure below along with corresponding diagrams. The Labor time for replacing the fuel pump is at 0.8 of an hour.
I also went ahead and looked up the Fuel Pump Kit that fits your 2000 Hyundai Accent. Purchase Fuel Pump Kit Now for $22.99
FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT
ACCENT & SONATA
The following procedure has been revised by a Technical Service Bulletin.
- Relieve fuel pressure. (see below)
- Remove fuel tank cap, then tank drain plug and drain fuel.
- Disconnect return hose and vapor line.
- Disconnect fuel gauge unit connector, then the high pressure hose from fuel tank, Figs. 1 and 2.
- Remove fuel filler and leveling hoses from tank, then the tank band retaining nuts, straps, vapor hose and fuel tank.
- Disconnect any remaining fuel pump electrical connectors.
- Remove fuel pump retaining nuts, then the fuel pump.
- Remove fuel pump filter.
- Disconnect electrical connector No. 1, Fig. 2.
- Disconnect electrical connector No. 2 from fuel pump by heating soldered connection, Fig. 3. Do not use a flame type soldering iron.
- Remove pump from bracket.
- Then Remove clamp and disconnect fuel hose.
- Remove rubber insulator from fuel pump.
- Reverse procedure to install. Electrical connector No. 2 must be soldered to ensure a proper connection.
FUEL PRESSURE RELIEF
- Disconnect fuel pump electrical connector.
- Run engine until it stalls, then turn ignition to Off position.
- Connect fuel pump harness connector.