2002 Dodge Dakota no start unless foot on gas pedal

Dodge Dakota

My truck doing a crank no start but it will start with foot on the gas pedle changed m.a.p crank and cam shift sensors and still does it it say po208 witch is for the injector 8 will just one injector make it do this

I have noticed this issue on many vehicles over the years. The issue usually turns out to be a vacuum leak of some kind. It can be from the intake manifold for example or even an internal issue with the idle speed control. And not on every occasion is there a check engine light illuminated.

It is possible that the bad injector is contributing to the issue but I do not think it is the sole cause. Wouldn’t hurt to take care of that problem anyway. Make sure you are testing with good or new spark plugs. Would give you a chance to see how fouled out or dry your #8 spark plug is in relationship to the injector being stuck open or closed. That is if you decide to go ahead and install new ones.

*note* With the spark plugs removed you can cycle the ignition key. Look to the #8 spark plug hole. See if you see any gas coming out. Sometimes if the injector is stuck in the “OPEN” position it will allow constant fuel pressure to spray into that individual cylinder. After some time it is possible to contaminate the engine oil with so much extra fuel being allowed in.

Dodge Code P0208

P0208-INJECTOR #8 CONTROL CIRCUIT

When Monitored: With battery voltage greater than 10.4 volts, the auto shutdown relay energized, injector pulse width less than 10ms, and engine speed less than 3000 rpm. Set Condition: This trouble code takes .64 to 10.0 seconds to set when no inductive kick is sensed .18ms after injector turn off, and with no other injectors on.

Code P0208 POSSIBLE CAUSES

• INTERMITTENT CONDITION
  • ASD RELAY OUTPUT CIRCUIT
  • BAD FUEL INJECTOR
  • FUEL INJECTOR DRIVER CIRCUIT OPEN
  • FUEL INJECTOR DRIVER CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
  • PCM

Code P0208 Diagnostic Steps